CST vs IST
Difference between CST and IST can be easily calculated with reference to GMT. However, before calculating the difference we should first get to know what CST and IST stand for. CST is Central Standard Time observed in North America and Central America while IST stands for India Standard Time that is observed across whole of India. While IST is 5:30 hours ahead of GMT, CST is 6 hours behind GMT. This means that IST is in effect +11:30 of CST. In other words, CST lags behind IST by 11:30 hours. So if it is 12 noon on any given date in North or Central America according to CST, it will be close to midnight on the same day in India according to IST. The time will be 23:30 P.M in India at the same instant. Let us see how this difference is generated.
What is IST?
Time zone difference or offset between the local current time in Time Zone – UTC and Ireland – Dublin. The numbers of hours difference between the time zones. UTC (Time Zone) Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 1:16:44 am UTC UTC Dublin (Ireland) Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 2:16:44 am IST UTC+1 hour How to use the Time Zone Converter. The best time to call from UTC to IST. When planning a call between UTC and IST, you need to consider time difference between these time zones. UTC is 5:30 hours behind of IST. If you are in UTC, the most convenient time to accommodate all parties is between 9:00 am and 12:30 pm for a conference call or meeting.
India Standard Time (IST) is also knows as India Time (IT). It is Allahabad in India which is taken as reference to set the time across the country. The location of Allahabad is 82.5 degree east of the Prime Meridian. For every 15 degrees, there is a difference of 1 hour from GMT. Since in this case it is 82.5 degrees, the time difference with GMT comes to exactly 5 hours and 30 minutes. IST came into effect in 1955 before which there were two standard times observed in India (Bombay time and Calcutta time).
- When the time was 02:00AM on Monday, May 3 in UTC, it was 10:00PM on Sunday, May 2, 2021 in New York.; UTC is 4 hours ahead of New York. Press any time in the table below to open and share the event time page.
- The best we can do with the meeting planner is to expand the range to cover from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM your time (IST). To schedule a conference call or plan a meeting at the best time for both parties, you should try between 7:00 AM and 9:30 AM your time in IST. That will end up being between 4:30 PM and 7:00 PM in GST.
- Time Difference between UTC and IST Indian Indian Standard Time is 5 hours 30 minutes ahead from the UTC universal time. UTC to IST Indian Time Conversion Table UTC to IST Indian in 12-hour (AM/PM) time format.
Since India does not observe daylight saving time, this IST time is observed throughout the year. Another importance about IST is that it is used throughout India. The time does not change from state to state as in US.
What is CST?
Central Standard Time (CST) is also known as Central Time (CT) and North American Central Standard Time (NACST). On the other hand, CST is 90 degree west of Greenwich Mean Time which makes it ahead of the GMT by 6 hours. So when it is 12 noon at GMT, the time according to CST is 6 A.M.
CST is followed by North and Central America. That means US, Canada, Mexico and some countries in Central America fall under CST. However, not all US states follow CST and not all US states use CST throughout the year. There is something called CDT (Central Daylight Time). This is a time followed by states during summer to save daylight. This is the case with Mexico and Canada as well. When CDT is used the time is GMT – 0500.
Some US states that follow CDT during summer and CST for the rest of the time are Alabama, Florida and Illinois.
What is the difference between CST and IST?
• CST is the time observed in North and Central America, whereas IST is the Indian Standard Time observed in India.
• India Standard Time (IST) is also knows as India Time (IT). Central Standard Time (CST) is also known as Central Time (CT) and North American Central Standard Time (NACST).
• CST is GMT – 0600 while IST is GMT + 0530.
• CST is 6 hours behind GMT, while IST is 5:30 hours ahead of GMT. This makes IST ahead of CST by exactly 11:30 hours.
• IST is for the whole of India. The time does not change according to different states. CST is not for the whole of US, Canada, Mexico or Central American states.
• IST is for the whole year. CST is followed by some states in the North and Central America. However, some states follow CST as well as CDT (Central Daylight Time) in the summer to save daylight.
• When CDT is followed in the summer, the time is GMT – 0500. Then, the difference between CDT and IST is 10.30 hours.
Images Courtesy: IST and CST via Wikicommons (Public Domain)
Turkey Time is 2 hours and 30 minutes behind of India Standard Time
1:00 am01:00 in TRT is 3:30 am03:30 in IST
TRT to IST call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 8am-3:30pm in TRT which corresponds to 10:30am-6pm in IST
1:00 am01:00 Turkey Time (TRT). Offset UTC +3:00 hours
3:30 am03:30 India Standard Time (IST). Offset UTC +5:30 hours
1:00 am01:00 TRT / 3:30 am03:30 IST
|12am (midnight)||2:30 am|
|12pm (noon)||2:30 pm|
Offset: TRT is 3 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
TRT representations, usage and related time zonesW3C/ISO-8601: International standard covering representation and exchange of dates and time-related data
- +03 - basic short
- +0300 - basic
- +03:00 - extended
- +0300 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (03) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates three hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Charlie - Military abbreviation for TRT
- C - short form of 'Charlie'
- EEST - Eastern European Summer Time
- MSK - Moscow Standard Time
- AST - Arabia Standard Time
- C - Charlie Time Zone
- EAT - Eastern Africa Time
- FET - Further Eastern European Time
- IDT - Israel Daylight Time
- TRT - Turkey Time
- +03 -
India Standard Time
Offset: IST is 5 hours and 30 minutes ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Asia
Time Zone Map
Countries: It is used in following countries: India
Principal Cities: The largest city in the IST timezone is Mumbai from India with population about 12.692 million people. Other major cities in the area are Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai
Daylight Saving: India Standard Time (IST) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore IST remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, India Standard Time remains the same
IST representations, usage and related time zonesW3C/ISO-8601: International standard covering representation and exchange of dates and time-related data
- +0530 - basic
- +05:30 - extended
Utc Time Zone Map
- +0530 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (30) of the offset. Indicates five hour and thirty minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
Time Difference Between Ist And Utc Time
- India Standard Time - UTC +5:30
- Irish Standard Time - UTC +1
- Israel Standard Time - UTC +2