Personal Ancestral File (PAF) was a genealogy management software product formerly provided free of charge by FamilySearch. Like other genealogy management software, PAF allowed users to enter names, dates, places, source citations and other information into a database, and to print family group records, pedigree charts, descendancy charts, and other reports. PAF also allowed users to share their genealogical files with other researchers using GEDCOM formatted files and to link image and media files to individual records in their database.
On July 15, 2013, PAF was retired and is no longer available for download or support. Current PAF users may continue to use the software on their personal computers or they may prefer to switch to another product.
Other Genealogy Software[editedit source]
There are dozens of other commercial genealogical software programs available for purchase. Each of these products provide their own unique approach to gathering, storing and using your data and image files to list sources, share data with others, and create various forms and reports.
Tree is a recursive directory listing command that produces a depth indented listing of files, which is colorized ala dircolors if the LSCOLORS environment variable is set and output is to tty. Tree has been ported and reported to work under the following operating systems: Linux, FreeBSD, OS X, Solaris, HP/UX, Cygwin, HP Nonstop and OS/2. The directory list, which resembles the tree view of the Windows Explorer but is sorted by file/subtree size, The treemap, which shows the whole contents of the directory tree straight away, The extension list, which serves as a legend and shows statistics about the file types.
Open Source Decision Tree Software
- To learn more about other genealogy software, visit Cyndi's List / Software and Computers section, browse the categories, and visit the different sites.
- Many of these products are compatible with FamilySearch.
- FamilySearch maintains a list of FamilySearch-affiliated products.
Source Tree Software
Tree Source Houston
- Find answers, support, and inspiration from other Atlassian users. View the community.
- The source tree is a key piece of documentation, and shapes the approach, structure and psychology of the business' relationship with its proprietary technology.