Learn how to restore an “Entire PC backup” with Acronis True Image (.Protect everything to recover anything with an exact replica of y. Acronis True Image 2021 efficiently and securely provides continuous data protection while maximizing your computer's performance during backups and minimizing storage space requirements.
Login Next v 21.1.10. Acronis True Image 2021 adds real-time malware protection to an already feature-laden backup and security solution. It's a unique and comprehensive safe computing solution. Locate Acronis True Image in your downloads folder, double-click the icon, and follow the steps in the installation wizard. After the installation completes, start Acronis True Image and enter your serial number/product key.
Clone an active Windows system directly to a new drive without stopping your system and restarting Windows. This can be easily done with Acronis True Image and its Active Cloning feature.
The term 'Active Cloning' refers to a disk cloning operation that does not require you to reboot the computer to complete the operation. Please note that in some cases Acronis True Image will still ask for a reboot, the disk will be cloned offline, and then the computer will reboot back into Windows.
If you want to clone a disk on Mac, see this article for instructions.
Before performing the clone operation please read the information about Disk Cloning Utility
Keep in mind the following limitations:
- Dynamic disks cannot be cloned
- Source and target disks must have equal logical sector size. See this article for more information.
- It is recommended that your old and new hard drives work in the same controller mode (for example, IDE or AHCI). Otherwise, your computer might not start from the new hard drive.
- Disks encrypted with BitLocker need to be in an unlocked state for cloning. Disk cloning of such a disk will fail if the cloning tool requests a computer reboot, as Acronis bootable environment cannot read Bitlocker-encrypted disks.
Acronis Pc Backup And Recovery
How to clone a disk:
- On the sidebar, click Tools, and then click Clonedisk.
- On the Clone Mode step choose whether to use Automatic or Manual transfer mode. In Automatic transfer mode, the partitions will be proportionally resized to fit your new hard drive. The Manual mode provides more flexibility. See Manual partitioning for more details about the manual mode.
If the program finds two disks, one partitioned and another unpartitioned, it will automatically recognize the partitioned disk as the source disk and the unpartitioned disk as the destination disk. In this case, the next steps will be bypassed and you will be taken to the cloning Summary screen.
- On the Source Disk step, select the disk that you want to clone.
- On the Destination Disk step, select the destination disk for the cloned data.
If any disk is unpartitioned, the program will automatically recognize it as the destination and bypass this step.
- On the Finish step, ensure that the configured settings suit your needs, and then click Proceed.
- After the cloning operation completes, the system will inform you of the next steps to take
To use the cloned drive on the current hardware:
- Turn off the computer
- Remove the source drive
- Turn on the computer
To use the cloned drive on similar hardware on a different computer:
- Remove the cloned drive
- Connect the cloned drive to a new computer
- Turn on the computer
If you want to use the cloned disk on dissimilar hardware, additional steps should be taken:
- Remove the cloned drive and connect it to the new computer
- Prepare necessary drivers for the target computer
- Download Acronis Universal Restore Bootable Media Builder and create Acronis Bootable Media with Acronis Universal Restore tool: follow the instructions in Step 3 in Acronis True Image 2021: how to restore to dissimilar hardware
- Use Acronis Universal Restore to make a cloned system bootable on the new hardware: follow the instructions in Step 5 in Acronis True Image 2021: how to restore to dissimilar hardware
(!) Please be aware that the cloned drive will not have a letter within Windows. This is expected behavior. Acronis True Image creates an identical copy of the source disk, however Windows does not allow having two disks with the same letter in the same time, e.g. two C: disks, so the cloned disk is not assigned a letter by default. Once you boot a new machine from this drive, a letter will be assigned automatically.
Acronis Image Backup
You can transfer your existing Acronis True Image license to a new computer, if the previously used computer becomes retired and is no longer used. In other cases, a new Acronis license must be bought for the new computer.
- Uninstall Acronis True Image from the computer that will be no longer used (if the computer is broken or otherwise unavailable, you can skip this step)
- Download and install Acronis True Image on the new computer.
- Log in to your Acronis account to activate Acronis True Image on the new computer:
- If your serial number is already registered in the same Acronis account (the most common scenario), the software will detect the license automatically. If the serial number is not registered yet, click Enter serial number and manually specify your serial number.
- Click on the Account tab to check the license activation status. Unless you have a license pack (3 or 5 computers) with licenses that have never been used yet, you will see a message 'You've exceeded the maximum number of activations for this serial number'. The message tells that the license should be reactivated on that new computer, which is a standard procedure. The displayed message does not mean any problem with the license - it remains valid and fully usable - just needing re-activation on the new computer (see below).
- Click the button Resolve problem and follow on-screen instructions, completing the transfer:
- For details on the steps offered by the license re-activation wizard, see this step-by-step guide.