Full-time Estimated: $29,000 – $40,000 a year
- Customer service
- High school diploma or GED
Full Job Description
Working in our patient access call center, you will use your great customer service skills to help callers schedule appointments and answer related questions!
- Minimum one year of call handling experience in a customer service, sales environment, or clinical experience required
- Three years of experience in Healthcare in a customer service call center preferred
- Experience with healthcare insurance products preferred (managed care, Medi-Cal, Medicare, commercial insurances and California Children’s Services)
- Able to keyboard 35 wpm
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Professionally answer incoming calls for the Access Center utilizing state-of-the-art telecommunications and computer information systems
- Accurately coordinate the scheduling and pre-registration, insurance eligibility, and benefits for both hospital and physician practice services
- Assist patients by explaining insurance eligibility status and plan benefits; assign appropriate referral/authorization based on insurance requirements, for patients of all reimbursement types; provide day of service instructions for scheduled appointments
- Provide general caller transfers and registration for a variety of classes, programs and events, physician to physician communication, general public information for LLUH marketing lead initiatives, physician referral services and point of service collections
- Ensure appointments and pre-registration activities are completed efficiently; maintain a high standard of customer satisfaction, friendliness and professionalism.
- Perform other duties as needed
- Able to read; write legibly; speak in English with professional quality; use computer, printer, and software programs necessary to the position (e.g. Outlook, Epic, Jabber)
- Operate/troubleshoot basic office equipment required for the position
- Able to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others; work calmly and respond courteously when under pressure; collaborate and accept direction
- Able to communicate effectively in English in person, in writing, and on the telephone; think critically; manage multiple assignments effectively; organize and prioritize workload; work well under pressure; problem solve; recall information with accuracy; pay close attention to detail; work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to distinguish colors as necessary; hear sufficiently for general conversation in person and on the telephone, and identify and distinguish various sounds associated with the workplace; see adequately to read computer screens, and written documents necessary to the position.
Loma Linda University Health is a Seventh-day Adventist, faith and values based Christian institution. Candidates must understand and embrace the mission, purpose, and identity of Loma Linda and its affiliated entities.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity. We provide equal opportunities in all aspects of the employment process to every individual, regardless of gender, race, color, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals requesting an accommodation due to a disability. If you need accommodation assistance with accessing our job listings or completing an application, or during any other phase of employment with us, please contact Human Resources Management at (909) 651-4001.
Our mission is to continue the teaching and healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Our core values are compassion, integrity, excellence, teamwork and wholeness
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Salary Offer $29,000 - $40,000 a year
- Address San Bernardino County, CA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Apply To